- This article is about Signs, a phenomenon in The World R:2. If you are looking for the anime series, please see .hack//SIGN.
- "That's... Tri-Edge's Sign!!"
- — Haseo —
A Sign (サイン) is a three-edged marking found in Lost Grounds and various areas in The World R:2. They are the namesake of Tri-Edge, who uses them as a system of transportation and leaves them at the location of his victims. They were named "Signs" by Tawaraya, and have been on occasion activated by other players, such as Atoli and Haseo. Evidence would suggest that all three Azure Knights are capable of using them. The rumors about Tri-Edge and the Signs spurred Piros the 3rd, a graphics designer for the game, into a crusade against Tri-Edge, believing that he is responsible for defacing Piros's top-notch graphics work. By using Data Seeds gathered from AIDA, it is possible to use Sign Hacking to transport to connected locations. The sign become apart of Kite's Cross Rengeki instead of Ovan's. When Ovan is free form AIDA he began to make his own sign in his Cross Rengeki.
List of Areas with Signs
- Hulle Granz Cathedral
- Arche Koeln Waterfall
- Morrigu Barrow Wall
- Wailing Capital Wald Uberlisterin
- Coite-Bodher Battlefield
- Dead World of Indieglut Lugh
- Sugar Mansion Sif Berg
- Briona Gwydion the Dragonbein Range
- Δ Submissive Tragedy's 1000 Oaks
- Θ Clever Genius's Moon Raven
- Θ Thinking Innocent Life
- Δ Setting Eternity's Night Moon