To meet .hack//Wiki's quality standards, this article requires general cleanup by formatting or adding more information. Because of this, the information on this page may not be factual. Please discuss this issue on the talk page
In the Epitaph of Twilight, the Cursed Wave is the name of the malevolent force that seeks to destroy the world. In order to destroy the Cursed Wave, they send two half-sprites (which cast a shadow) and a human to the Wavering Peninsula at the Edge of the World, accompanied by Fili the White and Bith the Black along the way.
The Eight Phases of the Wave originally existed only in the Epitaph, but as Morganna began to malfunction, she made them out of parts of herself, forming her own data into the monsters, and sending them to capture Aura and halt her growth. Despite their power, each of the Phases was eventually defeated by Kite and the .hackers.
Following the Twilight Incident, the data of the Phases were reclaimed by the Salvage Plan created by Jyotaro Amagi. They were placed into special PC bodies known as Epitaph-PCs which allowed their tremendous power to be controlled by specific or chosen players.
- See Avatar (Phases)
Phases of The Wave
- Skeith:"The Terror of Death"
- Innis:"The Mirage of Deceit"
- Magus:"The Propagation"
- Fidchell:"The Prophet"
- Gorre: "The Machinator"
- Macha:"The Temptress"
- Tarvos:"The Avenger"
- Corbenik:"The Rebirth"
- Each Phase has a symbol of an eye somewhere on them to represent being part of Morganna.
- Each of the Avatar Phases theme songs are remixes of their battle music from the .hack//Games.
- It has been postulated that Cubia is the ninth phase, though its nature and purpose are the opposite of the eight phases.
- Cubia is the equivalent of the eight passes and anti-existence of Morganna. The eight phases were created to trap and destroy Aura and humans, while Cubia was created to eradicate Morganna aka The World itself.