.Hack//G.U Last Recode is a PlayStation 4 and Microsoft Windows HD Remaster of .Hack//G.U, a single-player action role-playing game series from the PlayStation 2, developed by CyberConnect2 and published by Bandai Namco Games. The remaster compiles elements from all three .hack//G.U. games: .hack//G.U. Vol. 1//Rebirth (再誕 Saitan, lit. "Resurrection"), .hack//G.U. Vol. 2//Reminisce (君思う声 Kimi Omou Koe, lit. "The Voice that Thinks of You") and .hack//G.U. Vol. 3//Redemption (歩くような速さで Aruku you na Hayasa de, lit. "At a Walking Pace"). It also includes a brand new chapter, .hack//G.U. Vol 4//Reconnection.
The story focuses on a player named Haseo who hunts a player nicknamed "Tri-Edge", who defeated his friend Shino and left her in a coma in real life. After being attacked and Data Drained by Tri-Edge, Haseo is found by a mysterious organization known as Raven, and joins their ranks, unleashing a hidden power in his character data known as Skeith. All the while, a mysterious computer virus called AIDA is threatening the existence of "The World" and quite possibly the entire Internet.
- 1080p and 60 frames per second
- High-resolution movies
- High-detail backgrounds and user interface, etc.
Game system evolutionsEdit
- Retry feature added
- Movement speed increased
- Auto mode (play with your strongest levels and equipment)
- Maximum items you can possess has been increased to 90
- Item menu shortcuts and sort features
- Feature to use the same item over and over
- Empty equipment slots are easier to understand
- Maximum Chim Spheres and Virus Cores you can possess has increased to 999
- New recovery method “leisurely break” added to the platform, available from the early stages
- You can choose between Saku and Bo in the party
- Decreased the probability of allies selling the items you give them
- Improvements made in Vol. 2 and Vol. 3 have been applied to Vol. 1
- Attack power has been increased and hit stops during attacks have been reduced to speed up the battle tempo
- Learning weapons proficiency increased and acquired experience points increased
- You can skip Awakening scenes
- Some of the really tough enemies have been made a bit easier
- Skeith’s general shot bullet speed has increased
- Enhanced battle balance and game pacing to provide an optimal experience
- Avatar battle balance revised
- Added suspend feature during Avatar battle gameplay
- In Vol. 3, changed it to make it possible to do the marriage events with all characters that can become your ally, without having to redo them
- A new Cheat Mode allowing players who want to just enjoy the story to start the game with full stats.
- The videos from “The End of the World” Terminal Disc included with the limited edition PS2 release of Vol. 1 are included in the collection.
- A brand new episode titled Vol.4// Reconnection, which takes place a year and three months after the events of Redemption.
- A New Job Form for Haseo.
- A New Form for Skeith.
- Ovan joins the party.
- The Rebirth's Lost Weapon is finally revealed (form)
- AIDA Tri-Edge is still active on Ovan's left arm but becomes part of Ovan's weapons when he joins the party and helps defeat the enemies.