To meet .hack//Wiki's quality standards, this article requires general cleanup by formatting or adding more information. Because of this, the information on this page may not be factual. Please discuss this issue on the talk page
Goblin Tag (鬼ごっこ) is an event in The World and The World R:2. In the event players attempt to catch one or more special Gold Goblins. The player's goal is to either kill or hit the goblin. The goblins all cast Rig Seam on themselves if the player gets too far away. To distinguish them from regular Goblin Monsters, each of the Gold Goblins has their own name, and personality. The Goblins are:
- Stehoney, the newest and weakest member of the Golden Goblins. He is always the first goblin the player faces, and is the least challenging.
- Jonue, the second Golden Goblin and the first real member of the Golden Goblin squad. Though he is stronger than Stehoney he is still fairly weak and easy to catch.
- Zyan, the third Golden Goblin. Zyan distinguishes himself by being a workaholic obsessed with physical strength. He sometimes appears alongside the fourth Golden Goblin, Albert.
- Albert is the fourth Golden Goblin, and the second in command of the Golden Goblin squad. Though he is sometimes paired with Zyan, he is able to function fine on his own.
- Martina, the fifth Golden Goblin and the only female goblin in the group. As the leader of the Golden Goblin squad she leaves most of the work to her minions, but when faced with a serious threat she is not afraid to get her hands dirty. The most powerful of the Goblins, defeating her can be quite a challenge.
In The World, area keywords related to Goblin Tag events will always be found on the BBS. The reward for defeating each goblin is a rare piece of equipment. While wearing a full set of goblin armor, Kite will have the ability to summon a goblin during battle.
The World R:2
In The World R:2, the Goblin Tag quest requires using a Steam Bike to chase the goblin.