- "Edge Punishers are a job class that prefers to wield giant swords. A blow from one of these weapons has enormous power. It can slice most enemies in half with a single strike."
- — The World R:2 Official Site. —
Edge Punishers excel in physical attacking, especially against armored foes; however, they are much slower than classes such as the Blade Brandier. Edge Punishers also have higher defense from the heavy armors they can equip.
- See Broadswords.
List of Skills
In The World R:2, unlike in its predecessor, skills are inherent to a class, not to a weapon. As a player raises his or her job level, he or she will gain access to new abilities.
- 虎乱襲 - Tiger Blitz (Target: Unit, Normal, SP Required: 12, Job Lv. 1)
- 壱刹・双月 - Twin Moons (Target: Unit, Aerial, SP Required: 15, Job Lv. 3)
- 初伝・鎧断 - Armor Pierce (Target: Unit, Piercing, SP Required: 18, Job Lv. 5)
- 骨破砕 - Bone Crusher (Target: Area, Piercing, SP Required: 20, Job Lv. 7)
- 伏虎跳撃 - Tiger Strike (Target: Area, Normal, SP Required: 28, Job Lv. 12)
- 奥義・甲冑割 - Shell Breaker (Target: Unit, Piercing, SP Required: 36, Job Lv. 15)
- 秘奥義・重装甲破 - Armor Break (Lv.3 Art, Target: Unit, Piercing, SP required: 62*, Job Lv. 21)
- With each Edge Punisher job level after gaining this art, the required SP will drop as follows: 62,59,56,52,49,46,42,39,36,33.
Edge Punishers in G.U.
- The Edge Punisher class was originally called Brandish in the Japanese version. The kanji, however, means something more like "Impact Swordsman".
- The skills Mystic Moon and Bone Dust were removed from the final release of the .hack//G.U. Games for unknown reasons.
- The only Edge Punisher to join Haseo's party is the temporary Asta.