Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Canard, it's a Guild to help newbies."
- — Kuhn —
Canard (カナード) is a newbie-friendly group, dedicated to aiding newcomers to The World R:2. The guild was founded by Kuhn when he left his position of Vice-Guildmaster of Kestrel. The fact that it is a newbie-related group makes it the target of Kestrel's PKers. Leadership passed to Silabus when Kuhn left to join Raven, and then finally to Haseo, because he's a "natural leader".
Canard's @HOME was originally a small-guild @HOME located in Mac Anu, the same kind used by the Twilight Brigade and Raven. Later, as Haseo's prestige increases, Canard's @HOME moves to a medium-sized guild @HOME in Dol Dona. In Volume 3, the Canard @HOME is moved to the large-sized guild @HOME in Breg Epona. Eventually, due to Zelkova's interest in Haseo's PC, he permanently moves the @HOME to Net Slum Tartarga.
- Canard wings are stabilizers on aircrafts that reduce drag. Silabus notes that the guild was made to help newbies just like how canards assist aircrafts during flight.
- In .hack//Alcor, Nanase was a member of Canard. However, by the time the G.U. games occurred, she's already left, possibly playing Sophora full-time now.
- Interestingly enough, "canard" is French for "duck", which continues the naming Guilds after birds theme established by Kestrel and Raven.
- In .Hack 4Koma, a repeating gag is characters guessing that Canard means going senile when others are unable to come up with its meaning.
- Haseo does not become the Guildmaster in G.U.+